A Lesson From Reading

 In December 2021, I had set a goal to complete two books (non-fiction) by the end of 31st December 2021.

I did achieve the goal.

My complete focus was to complete those two books at the end of the year.

Yet here is the twist.

I read the books with the intent of completing them and not understanding what actually I am reading!

I felt shit about this. I did not understand anything I had read. 

I achieved a goal. Yet it made me clueless. It had literally sucked my energy.

Here is the lesson from this incident:

Don't set goals ever. Set Habits.

Reading is a beautiful hobby.

Set a habit of reading 20 mins daily.

Don't set a goal of completing so and so number of books at the end of a year.

Reading as a habit will enhance your thinking ability.

Start today with a habit! 😄😄

Comments